Radio Sales Account Executive
BLS Entertainment, Inc. is the parent company of WEOA 1400 AM and 95.5 FM radio station located in Evansville, Indiana. WEOA is currently the only radio station in the market that offers a diverse broadcast portfolio consisting of Urban Adult Contemporary, collegiate sports, local and national news, Religious, Mexican Regional, and Urban Contemporary formats. WEOA offers many types of advertising media to meet the advertising needs of its customers; this includes a growing digital platform.
WEOA has an immediate opening for a full time Sales Account Executive. Applicants must possess excellent communication skills, be highly organized, and detail oriented. Applicants must be capable of working in a deadline-oriented environment handling daily tasks including but not limited to prospecting and developing new customer relationships, persuasively communicating strategies for meeting customer needs with the benefits of radio and digital advertising products, and ensuring customer satisfaction by facilitating all aspects of the customer’s account in cooperation with creative, operations, marketing, and finance staff. Ability to fluently communicate in both English and Spanish is preferred.
- Responsible for revenue generation and meeting sales targets
- Establish, maintain and grow relationships with clients and agencies
- Develop new leads by cold calling and making appointments
- Prepare compelling and competitive proposals and presentations
- Determine project pricing based on guidelines from management
- May negotiate fees or services with clients with management approval
- Communicate sale to Traffic and other internal departments
- Develop traffic instructions and distribute to internal teams
- Oversee project from start to finish and ensure client satisfaction
- Deliver proof of performance (POP) to clients
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions.
- Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely.
- Be able to present one’s self in a highly cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors face to face.
- Must have the ability to write effective and creative radio ad scripts.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows operating system and be proficient in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.).
- Must have ability to learn and use company and customer system(s).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to interpret a variety of situations and instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, and a clean driving record.
BLS Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
If you are an experienced advertising sales professional with a strong work ethic and have reliable and dependable transportation we want to talk to you.
Interested candidates should send resumes to:
Fax: (812) 424-9946