- To provide high quality news, weather, health and lifestyle information, music and entertainment, sports, community events, and a forum open to all for the discussion of issues of interest to the greater Evansville community.
- To provide a diversity of programs designed to educate, inform, and entertain.
- To develop a strong, personalized consultative relationship with our advertisers, to understand their needs and to provide creative solutions and results that exceed their expectations.
- To provide outreach initiatives, which consist of connecting with local organizations, both non-profit and for-profit, in order to promote use of its facilities, services and resources for the betterment of the community
- To provide students with an educational opportunity to experience all facets of a radio station’s operations in a realistic setting and to prepare them for a future career in broadcasting.
- To provide a stimulating and rewarding working atmosphere for our management and staff so as to inspire pride in their accomplishments and in the station’s continued growth and success.
- To adhere to the regulations of the Federal Communications Commission.
WEOA Magic 98.5 FM – 1400 AM is an Adult Urban format with a distinct style and class, featuring the hottest artists from the 80s, 90s, and today. WEOA delivers a skillful blend of contemporary music and old school R&B.
Our goal is to deliver targeted programming and audience through a diverse portfolio of music, talk, sports, local/national news and weather.
By providing hands-on programming input and ongoing music research from our experienced support staff, we are dedicated to being your radio station of choice and #1 for Today’s R&B and Old School.
WEOA’s music library is a result of constant research. In conjunction with music testing, by Cumulus Media Networks in-house research department develops qualitative profiles of the target audience, allowing us to better understand our listeners’ lifestyle and purchasing habits.
WEOA draws a niche audience of 25-54 year old females that likes to invest in family, home, leisure and their careers.
Magic 98.5 FM – 1400 AM blends a smooth mix of today’s R&B with audience tested Old School from the 80s and 90s from artist such as:
- ALICIA KEYS
- BRIAN MCKNIGHT
- MARY J. BLIGE
- ANITA BAKER
- GERALD LEVERT
- THE ISLEY BROTHERS
- JILL SCOTT
- LUTHER VANDROSS
- WHITNEY HOUSTON
The WEOA Difference
• Premium, 24-Hour Targeted Programming
• Major Market Talent
• Music Research
• Toll Free 24-Hour Request Lines
• ABC News
Features & Specials
Old School Nights with Ron Chavis
Every weeknight at 6:00 p.m. CT, Ron features 80s and 90s slow jams exclusively as part of the Love Songs show.
R&B and Old School Winning Weekends
Listeners win CDs from recording artists of today and yesterday.
Listen to the best mix of traditional and contemporary gospel music every Sunday; 5:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. CT.
Solid Gold Sunday
Enjoy old school music from the 70s, 80s and 90s; 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m. CT.
The top award winning national, entertainment, and music news broadcast every hour.